Best Places to Grab A Drink in Wilmington
Here is Lanier Property Group’s favorite outdoor spots for drinks, where you can enjoy the ocean breeze or the ambiance of our charming downtown while staying socially distanced.
The Veggie Wagon
- This gem near Parsley Elementary School has all kinds of goodies. There’s nice outdoor seating, which is especially great for enjoying their $3 pint nights on Wednesdays. A Wilmington favorite, Tropical Lighting, is on draft. There’s also a build-your-own ice cream cookie bar you might want to try too!
Ocean Grill and Tiki Bar
- Ocean breezes are the best and the view is even better. Grab yourself a fruity drink with an umbrella and turn your watch to island time.
- Their outdoor beer garden is a favorite spot to unwind in downtown Wilmington. With rotating food trucks and friendly staff, Flytrap is one of our top picks for a cold one, which they carefully brew in-house.
Dockside Restaurant and Bar
- You can’t beat the view from the second-story deck or one of the waterfront tables at Dockside. You can even visit with your boat and dock it in one of the slips while you sit back and relax for a while with a refreshing beverage.
Alcove Beer Garden
- This new joint in the Cargo District is a great choice for grabbing a drink and a few snacks. Like nearby establishments, it was designed with repurposed cargo containers, making for a unique look. The fun swinging chairs aren’t too bad either.
- Grab yourself a “Miami Vice” or a mai tai and watch the waves roll in from Oceanic’s bar or their one-of-kind outdoor dining on the Crystal Pier. Go as the sun sets and you’ll not only get that magic golden light, but also might be able to watch some surfers catch a few waves. Bonus opportunity: a walk on the beach before or after your drinks. Cheers to that, right?
Gazebo Bar at Dram Yard
- While the main restaurant is temporarily closed, this trendy spot downtown has a super cute outdoor area with a bar, bocce ball courts, and a beautifully manicured landscape. It’s the perfect locale for when your watch hits wine-thirty. If you want an Instagram-worthy backdrop, this is it.
We just checked our watches and it looks like it’s 5 o’clock somewhere, so start making your happy-hour plans! We’ll be raising a glass to our beloved Port City at one of these watering holes this weekend and we hope to see you there.