Part-Time Marketing Director Job Description
We look forward to Mondays. We love working alongside each other and making a difference. We impact the big decisions in each client’s life: Where will they raise a family? Where will they build memories? Where will they make friends and spend holidays? We consider this responsibility an honor and a joy. We help people find their dream home.
If this sounds like a cause you can get behind, then keep reading. We’re looking for a part-time Marketing Director. The right person for this role will be passionate about others experiencing the joy of home ownership, and all that goes with that. This candidate will realize that every blog, Facebook post, or Instagram photo may make the difference in our clients working with an agent they like, versus finding an agent they love. Our new hire will use every tool and skill they have -- or are willing to learn -- to help as many people as possible find and engage with our firm.
This role is responsible for supporting this established brand's print and digital media strategy and requires digital-agility + enthusiasm for driving traffic and brand awareness across multiple channels. This candidate is an excellent communicator with professional writing experience, enthusiasm for the visual web, and knowledge of a multitude of social media platforms. The candidate should have a skill set that includes experience with print and digital marketing and online publishing. Basic skills in graphic design and an understanding of Google Analytics is preferred.
Candidate must be a flexible and creative self-starter who is able to work within an entrepreneurial environment and support multiple projects at once.
The responsibilities of the Director of Marketing include:
- Assist with building an engaging and established company brand presence within Wilmington and surrounding areas through digital and traditional media platforms
- Handle public relations efforts, events, grassroots and paid advertising opportunities
- Moderate and facilitate an engaging company brand presence across the web and active social channels such as: Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and more
- Be the point person for all media and advertising groups, make decisions on company budget on where and what to advertise
- Assist with production + promotion of engaging content to coincide with stories and marketing messages both online and in PR; schedule reporting and photography and editing as needed
- Measure and report growth and engagement of website and social media initiatives
- Project manage all company marketing materials (print pieces, direct mail, business cards, etc.) facilitating communication between graphic designer and print vendors
- Assist agents with individual marketing and advertising goals as needed: could include help with projects such as direct mail, Facebook marketing, and local advertising campaigns
While previous experience is definitely helpful, our team values cultural fit and a desire to learn above a particular degree, resume line item, or anything else that usually comes into play during a typical interview process.
Excellent web/blog writing skills + strong grasp of the visual web
Strong self-starter who thinks on his/her feet to solve problems
Ability to recommend, and initiate work and projects with minimal direction
Attention to detail, excellent time management skills
Exceptional initiative + follow-through skills
Superior interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills;
Experience with social media platforms including blogs, Facebook, Google+, Instagram + more
Interest in real estate
This position will start as an exempt, salary, part-time (Monday through Friday, 4 hours per day in the office) role with occasional weekend and evening work for special events or campaigns. As the needs of the business change, this may become a full-time position.
Can’t wait to jump in and get started? Apply at https://form.jotform.com/72915675094163 We’ll be closing the application November 17th with the intention to onboard our newest team member by mid December. And we promise we won't leave you hanging. We'll let you know if we're ready to meet with you or if we should hold off on taking that step for now so there's no need to call, email, or stop by the office.
Lanier Property Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Lanier Property Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.